FAQs & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Long term care insurance
- The Veterans Administration has a number of programs which help cover the cost of our services for veterans and their spouses
- Connecticut Homecare Program for Elders
- We are happy to tell you more about each of these options
We provide a variety of services including Adult Family Living, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Homemaking, Live-In Care, Personal Care, and Respite Care.
Our staff and caregivers are essential to ensuring quality service. To this end, we conduct thorough background checks, interviews and rigorous testing before we hire each team member. Once hired, regardless of experience level, we require all staff to receive in field training with our trainers. Our free in home assessments help to ensure the best possible client/caregiver match. Finally, we regularly follow up with clients and family members to ensure they are satisfied with our services.
Yes, Charter Oak Home Care is both insured and bonded.
- Reputation: since 1985 we have stood the test of time and receive a steady stream of referrals which we take as our highest compliment
- Veteran and Family owned: We are not a franchise or conglomerate. Rather we are a collection of families in the community serving other families.
- Staff and caregivers: In an industry with remarkably high turnover, Charter Oak prides itself on hiring and retaining excellent aides.
As soon as you contact us, we schedule a time to meet with you in your home for a personal assessment. Once you choose Charter Oak Home Care, we begin working to find you the right caregiver. The more notice we have before services are needed, the more time we can devote to finding a great match for you.
We have a 3 hour service minimum. Services can be scheduled by day, week or month and you may cancel at any time.
American Parkinson Disease Association
- My Place CT
– Connects CT residents with the resources they need to stay independent
Elder Law and Assistance
– Help finding an elder care attorney
The New England Cognitive Center
– Cognitive Fitness Programs
- State of CT, Dept. of Social Services
– Variety of services to help Elders